Today I’m releasing what I think is a very comprehensive view of my work efforts over the last number of years on ledger reinvention. This is a video filmed in May at a presentation to alum of Geneva/SAFR practice from 30 years of work together.
This wide ranging discussion covers topics such as
- What is the purpose of the General Ledger,
- What is the CFO’s challenge in reinventing ledgers,
- What a real shared ledger would look like, including prototyping screens,
- Why do systems maintain balances,
- How does one measure the cost of what financial systems or ledgers do,
- Progression how a shared ledger will end up getting developed, and other topics.
Although abridged, it is comprehensive, and audience comments still perceptible. The full presentation with participant comments are accessible here.