This week’s episode of Conversations with Kip continues with Dr. Eric Denna. Last week Eric shared the five questions he starts with as a new CIO in a job. They are:
- Whom do we serve, and what do they (those we intend to serve) want/need/have to do?
- What services do we provide so that those we serve can do what they want/need/ have to do?
- How do we know we are doing a great job?
- How do we provide the services?
- How do we organize?
It usually takes a while for the team members to agree on what the answers to these questions are.
He then notes once he finally gets the team to state what the organization does, he changes the questions with one word, should verses do.
Eric’s questions are :
- Whom should we serve, and what do they (those we intend to serve) want/need/have to do?
- What services should we provide so that those we serve can do what they want/need/ have to do?
- How should we know we are doing a great job?
- How should we provide the services?
- How should we organize?
>>> More available at educase.edu <<<
Doing so helps people and organizations challenge what they have been doing and look for new opportunities.
Eric has learned that the sooner he detects a difference in the do verse should form of the question, the larger the potential change to be made.
This is Episode 203 of Conversations with Kip, the best financial system vlog there is. Click here to view the full interview. Literally learn more–about ledgers and financial systems–at FinancialSystemsEducation.com.
Watch all episodes in order at the Conversation with Kip Playlist